The various methods to search for courses are outlined below.
On this website, you can use a more intuitive approach to finding classes. With the large amount to choose from, you can use the filters to find the right class for you.
- Go to classes.osu.edu
- Select the campus at which you would like to take classes using the drop down menu in the upper right-hand corner or using the filter in the right-hand sidebar.
- Determine the keywords you will use to search for classes (golf, history, creative writing, etc.)
- Search using your keywords, and filter your search by using the side bar to determine the term, campus, subject, academic career, program, component, class tribute, catalog number, time and instruction mode
- If you would like to take an online course, select the Distance Learning option under "Instruction Mode"
- Find the course(s) you are interested in and select Check Availability to see if there are spots still available
This method will let you focus your search for online courses and go through the Ohio State Course Catalog. Because of the large amount of course options available, be sure you use keywords and filters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Go to buckeyelink.osu.edu
- Select Enrollment and Registration under the "Essential Tasks" heading
- Select Class Search (SIS) - Student Information Center under the "Tasks" heading
- Select the term, campus, subject, course career and select the arrow next to "Additional Search Criteria" to display more search options like keywords
- To specifically search for online courses (if you would like to take an online course), select the arrow next to "Additional Search Criteria" to display more search options and select the Distance Learning option under "Mode of Instruction"
- Find the course(s) you are interested in and check if there are spots available by confirming there is a green circle under "Status"