You must complete Step 1 - Registration, prior to Steps 2 and 3.
You will receive an email from the university once your identity is created. At that time, follow the directions below to set up your account.
This step only needs to be completed once. If you have already activated your Ohio State username (lastname.#) and BuckeyePass, please continue to Step 3.
To activate your Ohio State username:
- Visit my.osu.edu
- Click the Activate Now button
- Follow the instructions to activate your Ohio State Username (lastname.#)
You also need to set up BuckeyePass, a multifactor authentication service you will use to log in to many Ohio State services, such as My Buckeye Link, the secure site where you will enroll in courses. To set up BuckeyePass:
- Visit BuckeyePass.osu.edu
- Click the Register/Manage Devices button
- Follow the instructions to finish setting up BuckeyePass
For more detailed instructions and help with BuckeyePass, visit go.osu.edu/DUOhelp.