Please note, you may need to wait up to 72 hours after receiving your Ohio State username to activate it. This step only needs to be completed once. If you have already activated your Ohio State Username (lastname.#) and BuckeyePass, please continue to Step 3.
You must complete Step 1 - Registration, prior to Steps 2 and 3.
To activate your Ohio State username:
- Visit my.osu.edu
- Click the Activate Now button
- Follow the instructions to activate your Ohio State Username (lastname.#)
You also need to set up BuckeyePass, a multifactor authentication service you will use to log in to many Ohio State services, such as My Buckeye Link, the secure site where you will enroll in courses. To set up BuckeyePass:
- Visit buckeyepass.osu.edu
- Click the Register/Manage Devices button
- Follow the instructions to finish setting up BuckeyePass
For more detailed instructions and help with BuckeyePass, visit go.osu.edu/duohelp.